1. Terms and Conditions
While EVATECH strives to provide the very best in customer service and satisfaction, as a business we are required to maintain a set of terms and conditions that customers must adhere to when making purchases from our store. These terms and conditions serve to define and protect the rights of the customer as well as the rights of EVATECH.
2. Warranty and Returns,
All goods sold in Australia come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. Purchases made from EVATECH Pty Ltd are no exception and customers are entitled to repair or replacements in the event of a major failure, if a suitable replacement is not available customers are entitled to a refund.
EVATECH’s policy on providing these guarantees comes in three forms.
3. 7 Day Exchange (DOA), items purchased from EVATECH can be returned for immediate exchange under the following conditions.
In the event a replacement item is not in stock for the exchange and cannot be made available to the customer within 48 hours, the customer has the choice of swapping to an alternative product [price difference payable or refundable], store credit or a refund [Unless the item was a special order item not previously listed prior to purchase, special order items must allow up to 7 days for replacement stock orders before eligible for a refund]
4. New Item Warranty, the length and conditions of this warranty are set by the item distributors and manufactures, not the retailer. As the retailer EVATECH will accept returns and process all warranties for all items that do not display signs of physical damage, that are within the warranty period and are accompanied by a tax invoice. EVATECH does not process the warranty past the point of returning it to the distributor or manufacturer. Any decisions to replace, repair or reject the warranty claim are solely that of the distributor or supplier and not that of EVATECH Pty Ltd. Similarly the length of time it takes to complete a warranty claim also rests with the supplier or distributor in question and EVATECH is not liable for damages or costs involved with the delay. [FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM ONLINE PLEASE CLICK HERE]
Physical damage that voids warranty includes but is not limited to;
5. System Warranty, 1 - 5 year warranty options are provided with every new EVATECH custom PC. These include repair and replacement of components that have failed within the warranty period. This warranty service is provided by NWS Australia on EVATECH's behalf and not directly EVATECH. This warranty service includes but are not limited to;
Software, settings, peripherals, removable media, buttons, and keyboards & mice are not covered. User damage and damage caused by environmental factors are not covered. For a full list of terms and conditions governing system warranties click here (1 Year / 2 years / 3 years / 5 years)
If a system warranty was not selected upon purchase or has sinse ended, Evatech provides a RTB (Return to Base) warranty service for the remainder of the manufacturers stated warranty period from the original date of purchase. Should a component fail within the first 90 days from invoice, you have the choice to return the entire PC or remove and return just the faulty component. Should a component of the system fail after the first 90 days, we will require you to remove the faulty component from your custom system yourself and it will be treated as an 'Item Warranty' (see point 4 above).
Issues caused by software, drivers or opearting system are not covered by warranty. The software, driver or operating system publisher should be contacted for support in the event of a software or driver related issue. If you are not sure wether or not your issue is software, driver, operating system or hardware related please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Issues caused by altering bios, system or driver settings are not covered by warranty as conflicting or incorrect settings do not constitute a hardware fault.
6. Refurbished Products Warranty
Where products are clearly identified as refurbished prior to sale, warranty conditions will be clearly defined on a per product basis and the warranty conditions above do not apply. Vendors may offer a warranty term longer than EVATECH accepting returns. This will only be the case when clearly advertised prior and vendors allow customers to return the product directly. EVATECH's return period on refurbished products is based on the items value and compliant with ACCC law. If you are uncertain of the warranty terms of a refurbished product and you have already checked the products description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly before purchasing.
7. Change of Mind Returns, EVATECH is not required to provide a refund or replacement of any kind if the customer changes their mind. Items returned that do not meet requirements of the warranty conditions above will generally be rejected and all decisions are made at the EVATECH sales manager’s discretion. A restocking fee may apply if the item is accepted for return to offset costs of processing and discounting the item for resale as it cannot be sold as new.
7.1 Custom PC Order Cancellation or Returns. due to the custom nature of the product, custom PCs cannot be cancelled or returned for reimbursement once the order is confirmed and paid unless conditions warranting a return / cancellation / refund under ACCC regulation at met. eg. not as advertised or major fault that cannot be remedied within a reasonable time frame as determined by the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
8. Items Suggested by EVATECH, are done so in good faith based on information provided by the customer. If items are not compatible or do no work as described by an EVATECH employee, catalog or website prior to purchase the customer is entitled to an exchange or refund if the following conditions are met.
The incompatibly issue is a result of an oversight or error on the part of the EVATECH employee, catalog or website. If the customer omits information critical to identifying the issues prior to sale then EVATECH is not liable an exchange, credit or refund is become governed by the ‘Change of Mind Returns’ policy above.
The recommendation can be shown in the form of an email, web page, written guarantee or be validated by an EVATECH employee. If the customer claims a recommendation was made without evidence or corroboration by an EVATECH staff member the decision to exchange, credit or refund becomes governed by the ‘Change of Mind Returns’ policy above.
9. Postal Costs of Returns, all EVATECH warranty, exchange or returns are done so on a RTB (Return to Base) basis. This means customers are required to return the item to the store it was purchased or shipped from. Reimbursement for costs involved with returns is decided on a case by case basis at the discretion of the EVATECH manager on duty. Generally the cost of returns will be reimbursed under the following conditions,
Items returned for DOA or Warranty processing will incur return shipping costs in the event the item is not faulty and in full working order. EVATECH asks all customers to test their items thoroughly before returning them to us to prevent this from occurring.
10. Order Cancellation,
If the customer wishes to cancel their order they may do so under the following conditions.
^If the item was specifically obtained for the order, the customer can contact EVATECH with their cancellation request and an EVATECH manager will assess the cost of restocking or returning the item to the distributor if possible. If this is possible, a reimbursement minus the cost of restocking or returning the item to the distributor will be offered to the customer.
If the item has been shipped prior to the request for cancellation being received then the customer must return the items unopened and undamaged to the store or shipping location. If the item is not faulty and not shipped by error on the part of EVATECH the costs of shipping the item to the customer and returning the item to the store cannot be reimbursed.
In the event an item was made available for purchase on our website or through our store in error or is unavailable EVATECH reserves the right to cancel this order and will fully reimburse the customer.
11. Inclusions and exclusions with EVATECH Custom PCs
Components used in assembling EVATECH Custom PCs are 100% brand new and covered by full Australian warranty from date of purchase. However these components may not sourced from retail packaged goods and may have been acquired on OEM packages designed specifically for system re-sellers like EVATECH. Drivers cd's or instructions on how to download drivers will always be provided for every component necessary used in an EVATECH Custom PC however accessories that might be in the retail version of the product, may not be included in the OEM package used to assemble your system. If you would like clarification on whether or not a certain accessory is included, please email email@example.com before purchase.
11.1 Custom PC Component Selection
Where exact model numbers are not advertised, components are subject to Evatech selection under the condition that all components meet or exceed the minimum advertised specifications. The selection process is done by the assembling technician under their best judgment on a case by case basis. If a customer wishes to select the exact model to be used in a custom PC ordered online, they must get email confirmation from an Evatech staff member prior to purchase. We will do our best to accommodate customers where possible but make no guarantees beyond that which is advertised unless contacted prior to purchase, not after.
12.Privacy and Security Policy, EVATECH is dedicated to keeping all customer information secure and private. We do not sell, pass on make customer information available to any 3rd parties unless ordered to do so by a court of law. The information collected is done so solely for the purpose of tracking orders, providing customer service and delivering items to customers. When making purchases from our website all your financially sensitive or personal data is secured with industry standard SSL encryption to ensure its privacy and security.
Evatech does not store or process any credit card information entered during checkout. Credit card information is processed securely by Commonwealth Bank (Commweb) and not by EVATECH. Online credit card payments are limited to Australian issued Visa and MasterCard debit or credit cards in an effort to reduce fraud. Billing addresses are matched with the card holder and high value transactions may be followed up with with phone calls to the card holder or card issuer for verification.
13. Shipping Policy, EVATECH provides shipping options upon checkout, these options are given to you (the customer) to elect to have your order dispatched via a courier or postal service. These couriers and postal services are 3rd party companies. The nature of items sold on our store means we cannot ship to P.O boxes. Items are shipped and delivered during business hours, Monday to Friday and as our couriers and delivery partners are separate entities EVATECH cannot guarantee specific delivery times. Where parcel protection and insurance options are available but not selected by the customer upon checkout, EVATECH is not liable for items damaged in transit. Where insurance or parcel protection options are offered they are done so by the third party courier and EVATECH will assist you in resolving any claims to the best of its ability. The courier, not Evatech is liable for any disputes arising from the handling or outcome of insurance claims. If you choose to pick up your order from our store title and risk of all loss and damages is transferred to you upon payment and collection. If you elect to have your order shipped via 3rd party couriers all risk of loss and damage is transferred to you upon the order being dispatched from our premises.
13.1 Free Shipping Promotions, Where promotions advertise free shipping these offers are valid for all areas covered by our standard online freight calculator only. This includes all major metro areas of Australia's state and territory capitals along with the majority of all rural Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland. Some rural areas of the Northern Territory and Western Australia are not serviced by our standard online freight calculator due to the high cost of delivery, limited service options and an increased risk of damage in transit. EVATECH reserves the right to amend / update its freight calculator at any time. To check if your address is eligible for free shipping promotions simply enter your post code in the shipping estimator tool provided on every product page of the evatech.com.au website. Eligible addresses will be quoted a delivery price while ineligible addresses will be asked to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
13.2 Shipping Zones, the following is for use as a guide only. Metro / Rural borders are set by courier partners, not Evatech & are subject to change.
14. Price Policy, All prices advertised on our website and Australian based media outlets are in Australian Dollars and are inclusive of GST unless clearly stated otherwise. Prices are subject to change without notice and are updated on a regular basis. Quotations given customers or clients are valid for 24 hours unless stated otherwise. Prices displayed online are done so in good faith, should they contain errors Evatech reserves the right to cancel and refund orders. Evatech will not provide GST refunds on orders invoiced to GST exempt territories. All products, services and invoices will include GST without exception.
15. Hyperlinks, any hyperlinks provided on the EVATECH website are done so as a convenience to the customer only and EVATECH holds no responsibility for the content of the pages in which they link to. All links are provided in good faith to the customer in order to provide as much information as possible however if the pages linked to provide misleading or false information, EVATECH does not endorse, support, sponsor or imply recommendation in anyway and therefore is not liable for the information, products or services they provide.
16. Images and descriptions, while we carefully selected our images and descriptions to best reflect each product, it should be used as a guide only. Actual products may vary in colour, features and size as manufacturers alter their production.
17. Tax Invoices, All goods purchased through our store or website will receive a physical tax invoice along with the goods. This legal tax invoice complete with ABN and itemised products, quantity and pricing.
18. Sale of Restricted Goods is subject to various Commonwealth, State and Territory laws. By placing an order for any restricted goods you warrant to EVATECH Pty Ltd that you are:
A : 18 years of age or older, where you order products that are classified R18+;
B : 15 years of age or older, where you order products that are classified R15+.
C : When placing an order for restricted goods you warrant that you are not obtaining the restricted goods on behalf of a person that is not eligible to purchase the restricted goods themselves.
19. Lay-by, is offered on orders containing custom PCs only with a minimum of $500.00. A 5% deposit is required within the first 72 hours to secure a lay-by order and termination fees will be charged at 5% of the order total should the customer cancel the order after the first deposit is made. Installment minimums are $100.00 and the maximum re-payment term is no more than 120 days from first deposit. Evatech reserves the right to cancel and refund any order for cases in which the customer breaches the lay-by agreement terms or the product is for any reason no longer available, lost, or damaged. Where cancellation occurs as the result of the customer breaching the terms of lay-by the amount refunded will be the amount paid, minus the 5% termination fee. Where cancellation is not due to breach of the terms of lay-by and is not at the customer’s request, no termination fee will be charged. Full terms of lay-by will be presented upon checkout before order confirmation and an electronic copy of the terms will be emailed to all customers who place a lay-by order.
20. zipMoney Interest Free Purchases, is a loan provided by zipMoney Payments Pty Ltd (ABN 58 164 440 993 Australian Credit License 441878) and is subject to approval with terms and conditions. Evatech Pty Ltd do not control the approval process nor does it take it any responsibility for liabilities resulting from a customer’s choice to apply for and accept credit from zipMoney or any other provider to pay for an order. Change of mind order cancellations or returns STRICTLY PROHIBITED do to the custom nature of the product provided. Items returned for warranty purposes or any other return conditions outlined by the ACCC as a customer’s right, will be handled in accordance with aforementioned ACCC regulation with warranty replacement or repair unless the product provided was A) not as advertised - or B) dangerous to use as advertised. Evatech Pty Ltd has no control over the terms and conditions of accepting such a loan, no control over repayment terms, fees, credit rating penalties or interest rates. By accepting a zipMoney loan the customer is bound by the loan contract presented by zipMoney and any disputes arising from this loan / credit facility are strictly between the customer and zipMoney Payments Pty Ltd. Evatech Pty Ltd does not have any control over the time it takes zipMoney Payments Pty Ltd to settle payments on a customer’s behalf and will only process orders once payments are received. Evatech Pty Ltd reserves the right to cancel and refund any order. Before applying, carefully read all terms and conditions including the schedule of fees and consider if this loan is appropriate for you.