The ability to lay-by a custom PC has been something that customers have been asking for, for a very long time, and it's finally here. But now that it is here, how exactly does it work? Let's take a look...
How to place a custom PC lay-by order online at Evatech
Step 1 : Customise a PC
- Visit our custom gaming PC page
- Choose one of our custom systems
- Select the configuration you would like to order
- Click 'Save & Continue'
Step 2 : Add it your cart & proceed to checkout
- Click the 'Add to Cart' button, to add the custom PC to your cart, then follow the on-page prompts
- If you would like to add a mouse, keyboard or monitor to your order (or any other items on our website) simply add them to your cart also
- Click the 'Next' button on the Cart Summary page once you are happy with your order
- Login or register an account, and proceed through checkout to the payment options page
Step 3 : Select the Lay-By option as your Payment Method
- Once on the payment option selection page, select the lay-by option
- Carefully read the terms and condition of the lay-by order and if you wish to proceed, click the 'I Confirm My Order' button
(Lay-By terms and conditions are also presented at the bottom of this page)
- Take note of the calculated minimum first deposit amount, bank details and order reference as presented on the page
These will also be emailed to your registered email account for future reference
Step 4 : Complete the initial deposit
- With net banking or in at branch, make your intial deposit to the account provided using the order reference number as the payment reference
- Deposits higher than the minimum deposit are always welcome
- Once your payment has cleared and accounts team has processed it, you will receive an automatic account summary by email. This summary will show you how much you have paid, the remaining balance, the remaining number of days and automatically calculate weekly, fortnightly and monthly payment options for you.
Step 5 : Pay the balance within 120 Days
- Within the 120 day lay-by period, you can make as many instalments as you choose. There are no strict instalment deadlines or amounts, simply a minimum of $100 each instalment (unless the balance is less than $100) and a minimum of 1 instalment per 30 day period. Email summaries will be issued nightly with every instalment as each clear.
- Once the balance is fully paid and processed, our accounts team will release the order and it will be processed by our sales team ASAP.
If you have any questions regarding the lay-by process, our products or service please feel free to contact us here.For some examples of systems past customers have ordered checkout our custom pc build log blog here.
Terms and conditions of an Evatech Lay-By order
Evatech Custom PC Lay-By Agreement
• Maximum term: 120 days
• Minimum upfront deposit: 5% ($100 minimum)
• Termination fee: 5% ($100 minimum)
• Your lay-by order will be confirmed upon payment of the first deposit
• The price will not change once the order is confirmed
• Where for any reason a component/product ordered becomes unavailable, you may choose from a suitable offered alternative, or a full refund without termination fee
• The initial deposit must be made within 72 hours of placing the order
• Payment must be made in full within the stated term with a minimum of 1 instalment per 30 days
• The order must be fully paid before it can be dispatched or made available for collection
• Evatech reserves the right to cancel a lay-by order upon breach of the conditions above
• In the event of an order cancellation, the amount paid will be refunded (minus the termination fee)
• Minimum instalment payment: $100.00 (excluding final payment where balance is under $100.00)
• Account statements will be generated and provided by email shortly after each deposit is processed
• Order reference must be provided when making payments to correctly allocate your payment