While those of us who were holding out hope for a long overdue Vietnam themed Battlefield game were a little disappointed at first, there is definitely enough awesome new features in Battlefield V’s return to WW2 to get any fan of the franchise excited for it’s release this October.
There is an absolute deluge of new features and changes from last Battlefield game and if they manage to pull it all of like they usually do, we are surely on to a winner.
- No more ‘Season Pass’ or any form of ‘Pay to Win’ unlocks, all maps FREE!
- Co-Op and single player ‘War Stories’ modes in addition to classic Multi-player
- Fortification building (Sand bags, fox holes, machine gun nests etc)
- All classes can build fortifications but only the support class can build offensive fortifications and done so much quicker.
- Bullet penetration on surfaces for large caliber weapons
- Improved destruction system, higher detail and more realistic.
- Reinforce or rebuild buildings and fortifications
- Attrition health system with segmented health bar and only partial health re-generation
- Attrition supply system with limited ammo and health kits
- Completely overhauled gun mechanics, recoil and ballistics.
- No more HUD or map spotting
- No more instant revives, takes several seconds and locks you in to animation
- All classes can revive but only the medic revives a player to full health and does so much faster.
- Everything requires player interaction, no more passive ammo or health collection simply by passing close enough by it.
- Crouching sprint
- Rainbow Six Siege style prone system and diving in all directions not just forward.
- Catch, throw back or shoot grenades out of the air
- No more elite classes or bohemoths
- Nearby non-fatal explosions can knock players over
Last but most importantly, the release date is currently slated for October 19th of this year.
For a full rundown of the details, JackFrags has you covered in this 25 minute YouTube video.